Thursday 15 July 2010

Leather And Bass (The Night Suzi Quatro Rocked Out 'Can The Can')

Here are the lyrics for my 2010 Suzi Quatro tribute:-

Leather And Bass (The Night Suzi Quatro Rocked Out 'Can The Can')

In seventy three I was just fourteen
Long hair, flares and platform shoes
Thursday night and Top of the Pops
Blowin’ away the teenage blues

Crazy days, glam rockin' the world
But one of those nights stands out from the rest
There on the screen stood the rock ‘n’ roll queen
The others were good, but she was the best

Chorus: Black skin tight leather, her bass in her hand
Behind her the tough lookin’ guys in the band
The boy in me suddenly felt like a man
The night Suzi Quatro rocked out Can the Can

Sun comin' up on a bright new day
Saturday high street record shops
Posters and magazines passing the time
Waiting for Thursday and Top of the Pops

Stood at the edge of a different world
Life is for living and now I could see
I was payin’ a lot more attention to girls
And they started payin' attention to me

Chorus:

Seventy three was a great time to be
Rock’n’roll beat of a teenage heart
Pumping the blood for the time of my life
Was coming of age, and this was the start

Music kicked into the wild in us all
Powerhouse bass-girl lookin' so good
She got in my head back in seventy three
Makin' me feel like a growin' boy should

Chorus:

No comments:

Post a Comment